Other uses for Maric flow limiting valves, include:
- Fire fighting
- Safety shower and eye wash equipment
- Cooling equipment
- Chemical dosing
- Vacuum pump seal water control
- Dust suppression
- Power station boiler processes
- Irrigation and sprinkler control
- Fertiliser dosing
Please view our detailed PDF information for: Industrial
What the Maric Valve does
The Maric Flow Control valve is designed to deliver a fixed, pre-set, constant (maximum) flow of water – irrespective of pressure differential across it within a given range, typically 140-1000 kPa.
This means constant flow rate, irrespective of fluctuating pressure upstream or downstream of the valve.
Benefits of Maric Flow Control valves:
- Compact – as compared with conventional diaphragm valves
- Tamper proof – as these valves provide a fixed flow rate, it prevents unauthorized adjustment
- Automatic – the rubber’s orifice diameter responds automatically to pressure fluctuations
- Maintenance free – no external actuations or wearing parts
- Self cleaning
- Life span of up to 20 years
Industrial heritage of Maric Flow Control valves
When our company first manufactured flow control valves (as Maric Products), they were originally designed and used for our own patented Maric instantaneous water heater.
They then quickly became popular in the domestic and commercial markets, for saving water in kitchen and bathroom applications. This market is now looked after primarily by low cost alternatives – which are limited to small domestic pipe sizes only.
Based on the same technology, we began producing these valves in larger sizes and different materials – including PVC, gun metal, and stainless steel (and more recently super duplex stainless steels, and titanium). The introduction of alternative EPDM and Viton control rubber materials meant our valves found their way into more demanding industrial environments.